CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sweet Peaceful Sunday

I got up with all the aches and pains and reasons not to go and get myself ready and went to church this morning and I am so glad I did. Ever have one of those days you feel the preacher is looking right at you and his sermon is just for you? Well that was me in a nutshell today. His sermon was about when Jesus went to Mary's home and she sat at his feet and washed his feet with her hair and how others were trying to call her out and say she was wasting precious perfumes and being lazy. Well he also talked about her sister, Martha. And how she is always taking on more than she can handle and stressing out over the little things so much that she totally misses the "IT" in the room, the whole parable the whole lesson she missed it because she was worried about feeding Jesus and making sure the house was clean and so on and so forth. I am a "Martha" .... I get so wrapped up in the everyday things, making sure everyone else is tended too "fed" and nutured that I almost missed the "IT" in the lesson today. I have to slow down, stop fretting over everything , don't worry about today, and be more at peace and give more of my time and thought to him and the lessons he is teaching me everyday.
God is working, I just have to believe and follow even when everything else is going on, I have to stop and listen for the "IT" ...

May you be blessed today and always!

Angie

1 comments:

countercrafts said...

WOW! What a wonderful thought about being a "Martha" or a "Mary"! Enjoyed all you had to say today! Very good! Take Care and God Bless! Donna, gmills4@suddenlink.net